There are days na super down tayo, it maybe because of workload, school stuff, friends or even lovelife. And most of the time, the only way to reverse that feeling by consuming food. Yung mga pagkain na pag nakain natin is super sasaya tayo ulit or we feel an immediate comfort. These are what we call, "comfort food". Based on Wikipedia "Comfort food is food prepared traditionally, that may have a nostalgic or sentimental appeal,[1] or simply provide an easy-to-eat, easy-to-digest meal rich in calories, nutrients[citation needed], or both. Comfort foods may be foods that have a nostalgic element either to an individual or a specific culture. Many comfort foods are flavorful and easily eaten, having soft consistencies."
For some, ang comfort food nila is spaghetti, un iba ice cream, un iba cake. Sakin kasi ang number one comfort food ko is Jamaican Pattie. And I would never miss discussing my comfort food on this blog. My bet is the Royal Carribean's Beef Jerky. Its an empanada like pie that has an extra hot, all-beef juicy ground filling with tomato sauce gravy. I simply love the sweet-tangy-spicy taste of this pattie. I can simply still imagine the crispy-flaky crust (so flaky, that flaky crumbs pieces fall off the pattie). Aside from it's very scrumptious taste, i just also love the fact that it's a food on the go. I can just eat and bring it anywhere. Movie house, office, school, walking around the mall, etc.
The only downside of it is medyo costly. It costs between P45 - P60 depending on what viand ang gusto nyo. They have Beef Supreme, Beef Royale, Beef Supreme, Beef Grenada, Chicken Royale, Cheeze Burst, Cheeze Burst Royale, Cheeze Burst Supreme, Cheeze Burst Jerky.
I so love Jamaican Pattie that i could just seat and eat it the whole day. Plus knowing that I am on a diet (kahit hindi halata and lagi ko sinasabi un) is its all meat. Meaning protein and super little lang ng carb and it is baked kaya super konti lang ng fats. Kaya I love it. This is a must try!!!
Krizpulo rates:
Food: 10
Drinks: n/a
Service: n/a
Value for money: 9

I love Jamaican Patties.. especially the extra hot ones.. I always eat every inch of it with a spread of Jamaican hot sauce! :)
TumugonBurahinThis is really something new for a comfort food. It sounds good the way you described it, maybe I should try it next time.
TumugonBurahinMy favorite "sosyal" street food in the metro! Now craving!
TumugonBurahinJinkee Umali
Haven't tried Jamaican Patties yet! I want one!!!
TumugonBurahinthis is one of my favorites but i actually prefer the other brand i don't know if you have tried it De Original Jamaican Patty brand. I love the cheesy beef and beef pinatubo (really spicy)
TumugonBurahin@janey - yup. I have tried the other brand. I usually go for their pinatubo viand. Try the beef jerky of Royal Carribean. You might love it too.
TumugonBurahinI haven't tried this brand yet, I only got to sample the ones from Jammin' Jamaica and I literally have them almost every day back in college! XD Love how Jamaican patties are so handy!
TumugonBurahin